Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Waterfall










Last week I went with some friends on a hike to Melekahana Falls (not sure on the spelling) that is right behind Laie. It was a perfect day it was cool and cloudy because it had been raining earlier. Because of the rain the waterfalls where really big and beautiful. It was quite the adventure, in order to get to the biggest waterfall we had to wade across a little pool and then climb up the face of another waterfall. I wanted to get a picture when we finally made it so I waded across and climbed up the fall with my camera in a plastic bag in my mouth. It was quite a difficult task but as you can see from that picture of me in front of the big waterfall it was definatly worth it. I do have a picture of me with the camera in my mouth that I will have to post later when I get it off of the other camera. It was a hike filled with great scenery that is not done proper justice to in the pictures. You were looking over green hills down to the ocean where you could see the white water of the breaking waves with a distant view of all of Laie. I just fall more and more in love with Hawaii everyday it is filled with so many beautiful places and fun things to do. Plus on the hike we were able to eat lots and lots of strawberry guava (the little red berry) and they are just wonderful. It was another great adventure and I am looking forward to what is up next. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The waterfall is BEAUTIFUL!